Published on August 11th, 2017 | by Marketing Department0
Message from the Principal, Term 1, Welcome Back
A very warm welcome to the new academic year! I hope that your child has had a restful summer and is gearing up to an exciting year ahead.
In preparation for 2017-18 academic year, I have included some essential information below.
Form Class Organization
Your child will be part of a form class which is grouped accordingly:
Grade 7 & 8
Grade 9 & 10
Grade 11 & 12
The teachers in charge of each program are:
- Grade 7 & 8 Tara Brennan (Pre IGCSE Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grade 9 & 10 Steven Gaynor (IGCSE Coordinator)
- Grade 11 & 12 Doruk Gurkan (IB Coordinator)
- Nilan Seneratna is the RAPS-SC Coordinator and is responsible for the House System & Student Council.
- The counseling department comprises of three staff assigned to specific grade levels supporting your child in all areas of pastoral care and university matriculation. Mark Donagher is the Head of the Counselling department.
Orientation Day – Friday 18th August
Please go to your child’s homeroom to collect his/her book bag anytime before 1 pm on Orientation Day. The list of homerooms will be made available in the Lobby.
You can then proceed to the parent information meetings will be held for all parents and students at the following times below. There will be presentations by the Program Coordinators, ASP Coordinator, RAPS-SC Coordinator and Counselors. We will have 15 minutes for questions and answers.
Parent Information Session: 1:00 – 3:00pm
|7 & 8||1:00 – 1:40pm||Auditorium|
|9 & 10||1:40 – 2:20pm||Auditorium|
|11 & 12||2:20 – 3:00pm||Auditorium|
In addition, there will be a Helpdesk set up at the PSG corner (Level 1) to facilitate resolving any matters you may have relating to Parent Portal. You may make use of this opportunity to sign up for your account on Parent Portal, update your contact information etc. Staff will be there to assist you from 10am to 3pm that day.
First Day of School – Monday 21st August 2017
All students are expected to report in their proper school attire.
*Please note: Black leather shoes are mandatory for boys and for girls
Upcoming events for 2017 – 18:
- Grade 7 & 8 Pre-IGCSE Team-Building Over-night Camp (1 & 2 September)
- IBDP camp for grade 11 & 12 (8 & 9 September)
- IBDP information nights in September
- Autumn Excursion (18 – 22 September)
- Sports Day, Athletics Day & ACAMIS tournaments
- Many new ASPs
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are more than willing to answer your queries.
Research states that success at school doesn’t ‘just happen’. At SSIS we have the ‘dream team’ – dedicated teaching professionals who care about your child and are ready to help them reach their goals in the next academic year. Launching them from our best efforts to your child’s greatest achievements!
Senior School Principal